Home南京夜网 › Employment gap remains

Employment gap remains

REGIONAL communities like Moree have been overlooked in the recent Closing the Gap report, said Aboriginal Employment Strategies (AES) manager, Cathy Duncan.
Nanjing Night Net

The report revealed mixed levels of success in meeting targets.

The target causing most concern was employment discrepancy between indigenous and non-indigenous, which the federal government hoped to halve by 2018.

Ms Duncan said the report centred more on the 80 per cent of the indigenous people that live in regional and metropolitan Australia, but left out the other 20 per cent who live in remote communities like Moree.

Ms Duncan said the only way to help indigenous people find work in towns like Moree was to change attitudes and teach them the skills they need to work in an agriculturally rich community.

“The report was just a summary of what most indigenous people are aware of, especially people who work in employment or have a background in education or health, (it’s) nothing new to people that already work in their communities,” Ms Duncan said.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments are closed.